What Height Should An Eyewash Station Be Mounted?
33 - 45 inches above the floor
The height of an eyewash station is crucial for ensuring its proper use and accessibility to all users. According to the ANSI/ISEA Z358.1 standard, which provides guidelines for emergency eyewash and shower equipment, the eyewash nozzles should be mounted at a height between 33 and 53 inches (84 and 135 centimeters) above the floor.
This range allows for comfortable use by people of various heights, including wheelchair users, and ensures that the eyewash station is accessible to all individuals in the event of an emergency.
When installing an eyewash station, make sure to consider the following:
1. Maintain unobstructed access to the eyewash station.
2. Ensure the path to the station is free from obstacles or barriers.
3. Follow ADA guidelines to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
4. Position the eyewash station within a 10-second travel time from potential eye hazards.
5. Provide proper signage to indicate the location of the eyewash station.
6. Regularly inspect and maintain the eyewash station to ensure its functionality and cleanliness.
By adhering to these guidelines and mounting the eyewash nozzles at the recommended height, you can create a safe and accessible environment for all individuals in the event of an eye-related emergency.
Popular Portable Eyewash Stations
15 Gallon /Drench Hose